CCleaner is a tool that is used to clean temporary files, Web Browser History, caches, download caches, residual files, and registry.
If you are looking for the best tool to clean unwanted files, corrupted files from your computer without damaging system files? Then you came to the right place! In today’s guide, we will talk about one of the best tools named CCleaner which is famous all around the internet.
This program is best in every way, for example, you don’t have to search for every unwanted file. Just start a scan with this tool and it will automatically find all the unwanted files from the computer. Also, this will suggest you which temporary files you should remove.
It can be used to delete browser history, saved passwords, and cookies which are consuming hard disk space. This is also useful in finding the broken registry files and then it removes them instantly. When we browse anything the Web Browser automatically downloads cache files from there so it can be helpful in deleting them as well. In short, this is the only tool that everyone needs to keep there computer clean and safe.
What Is CCleaner
Quick Jump To
- What Is CCleaner
- Who Developed CCleaner
- Information about CCleaner in Table:
- Temporary File Delete
- Clear Browser History
- Fix Broken Registry
- Uninstall Application
- Delete Windows Restore Point
- Multiple OS Support
- Duplicate Files
- Stop Background Apps
- Multi Platforms
- CCleaner Download 2020
- How To Install CCleaner
- How to use CCleaner
- Enable or Disable “Health Check” in CCleaner
- Pros & Cons
- System Requirements
- How to Uninstall CCleaner
- Uninstall CCleaner On Windows
- For Windows 7, 8 & 8.1 users
- For Windows 10 users
- Best Alternative
- 1. iOBit Uninstaller
- 2. Clean Master
- 3. Avast Cleanup
- 4. AVG PC TuneUp
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Q1) Is CCleaner Free to use?
- Q2) How can I download CCleaner?
- Q3) Can I use it on my Macbook Pro?
- Q4) Is it working on Windows 10 December 2010 build version?
- Q5) Can I use it on my Windows 7?
- Q6) Is CCleaner safe to use?
- Q7) Does this tool still have malware in it?
- Q8) Do I need to have an activate Windows to use this tool?
- Final Words
CCleaner is an application that is used to clean unwanted and temporary files from the computer. It can scan the whole computer and then show you which things are unusable and asks for permission to delete them. With the help of this, you can save a lot of your time for example when you remove the software from PC it leaves some of there files in your hard disk.
So, when you scan PC with CCleaner then it shows you all those folders and files which remain after deleting the software. Even though the program can be used to clean Website History, by using this you can directly choose what to clear. It can be used to clean Cookies, Caches which automatically downloaded by surfing any website. Extension caches which made after installing and then removing from Web Browser.
Registry files can also be cleaned by using this single tool when you scan your PC with this. It shows you which registry files or broken and it can also fix some of them otherwise it removes them instantly. The User-Interface of this app is very simple, all the cleaning options are placed well-manner. You can find the registry files category, a cleaner category which includes Applications & Browser subcategory.
Who Developed CCleaner
CCleaner is a popular tool that is developed by Piriform a United State based software company. The initial launch of this program was in 2004 and at this time it was only supported by Windows XP, Vista, and other latest versions. But after some years in 2012, they launched a version for macOS as well. The initial release for macOS was not stable but it had too many bugs.
In the year 2013 finally a stable version of this tool release and now people are using it on Macbook and iMac without any issue. The program is now supported by all the latest and older versions of macOS.
In 2017 this company Piriform was sold to Avast which is also a well-known company that made Antivirus tools etc. They improved a lot of things in this CCleaner and is more stable than it was before. Avast team added a new feature in it which is Health Check which checks the health of your computer and shows you some tips accordingly.
Information about CCleaner in Table:
If you want to learn more about this program then read this features list. I am listing all major features of CCleaner which everyone should know before using it. So, let’s check out the list!
Temporary File Delete
This tool is helpful in deleting temporary files that consume most of the storage in your hard disk. These are the files that remain there when you uninstall a software program from your computer.
Clear Browser History
It can be also used to delete your web browser history and this tool supports most browsers like Opera, Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Microsoft Edge, UC Browser and a lot more. You can also clear incomplete downloads, cookies, caches downloaded while surfing the website, etc.
Fix Broken Registry
It has the ability to fix some of the broken registry files in your system. This happens when you use any third-party tool which contains a virus or malicious code that corrupts registry files. But now with the help of CCleaner, these registry files can be fixed as well.
Another best feature that most people loved about this tool is that you can now easily uninstall any application by using this tool. It can be used to uninstall system application as well, if you are using Windows 10 then you surely faced too many bloatware there. But with this tool, the problem is solved just install it and remove all unwanted bloatware applications from the system right now.
Delete Windows Restore Point
Have you made too many restore points for your Windows? And now you ran out of storage? Well! don’t worry since CCleaner is also able to delete these Restore Point from the computer. It gives you an option whether you want to delete all restore points or delete only one.
Multiple OS Support
This amazing tool is not only suitable for Windows but now it can be also used on macOS as well. It is 100% safe and secure to use on mac devices whether it is iMac or Macbook this tool works perfectly fine. First, it was only developed for Windows users but after some years developers also released a version for mac devices.
Another best feature which I mostly used in CCleaner is Duplicate File finder. This feature is used to check duplicate files from all your hard drive partitions. When that scan completes you can see all duplicates available there now just select the copy which you want to keep and the other file will be removed.
Stop Background Apps
It is a pain when you have a small amount of RAM left because of these unwanted applications keep running in the background. So, now with this awesome tool, you can choose which application you wanted to run in the background. In this way, you can save a lot of RAM in your computer.
This amazing software doesn’t take a lot of storage in your hard disk because it is very light in size. The total file size of CCleaner is 23.4 MB only. It also comes with a portable version so if you don’t want to install it then just download that version. Portable software works without installing it on the computer.
CCleaner is the best choice to clean unwanted files, registry files from computers but what about phones? Well! Recently Piriform announced the version for Android mobile phones as well. You can download CCleaner from Playstore. It is not supported by iOS but in the future, you will surely see an update for iOS devices.
CCleaner doesn’t ask for their user to have an internet connection to uninstall or delete any unwanted file. It works totally offline all tasks are done without the internet.
CCleaner Download 2020
After reading the feature of this awesome junk cleaner tool I am 100% sure you will be curious to download it. If Yes then your wait is finally over as I am going to provide you with a complete guide to download CCleaner by using our website. I know most of you already read this before but it is only for those who are new on our website.
By reading these below steps you will be able to get CCleaner easily:
Step 1: Click on the download button which is available below on this guide and that page will lead you to our download page.
Step 2: On this page, you can see information about this program like version, update date, size, etc. Under that information chart, you can see another download button available.
Step 3: When you click on that button it opens another tab that redirects you to the Mega website. On this website, you can see two buttons available which are 1. Import (Mega Logo) 2. Download In Browser.
Step 4: If you have an account on Mega you can simply import it so when it deletes you can directly download from the account. Otherwise, just click on Download In Browser and download it in a web browser. When the program completes download it will be added into the download section in your web browser automatically.
That’s all the program is now successfully downloaded on your computer. Now let’s check out the method to install this software on your computer.
How To Install CCleaner
As I mentioned the whole process of downloading CCleaner by using our website I am sure you have downloaded it successfully. Ok, so if you have just downloaded it then let’s talk about the complete process to install CCleaner on any computer.
1. Go to my documents and then open the Download folder and look for CCleaner.zip (this is the default folder if you changed it then open that folder and find this file).
2. Now extract that file by using any tool like WinRar, 7Zip or any other of your choice.
3. You will notice a new folder is created so open it and then you will find CCleaner.exe there.
4. Right-click on CCleaner.exe and then click on Run as Administrator. It will ask for confirmation so just click Yes and enter the password if asked.
5. Now the program will launch a new window where you can see all the steps. Just follow the steps you see there and then click on install.
The installation process will take some time and within that time the program will be installed in your system. If you have chosen the Create Desktop Icon option then an icon will appear on the desktop. That’s it, this is the easiest way that you can use to install this amazing junk cleaning tool.
How to use CCleaner
In the above two guides, we learned how we can download and install it on our computer. So, if you have followed that and successfully installed in then let me tell you how to use CCleaner. Maybe some of you already know about this but even though I am writing this for those who don’t know much about this tool.
1. Go to your desktop and find the CCleaner icon there and then right-click on it and click Run as Administrator or just double click on the icon.
2. The program will be launched and then you will see two options there which are Windows and Applications. Choose the option according to your need then below this you will notice a button labelled Analyze.
3. After clicking on Analyze the program will check all unwanted files like caches, browser history, and cookies, etc. When analyzing complete you will see the list of those files and then a new button appears on the right-side which is Run Cleaner.
4. Review all the files and uncheck those you wanted to keep and then click on Run Cleaner. If any browser is running in the background that closes it before clicking.
The program will take some time and then it will remove all these unnecessary files from the computer. If it asks for reboot just click Yes because some files delete only after you reboot the system.
Alternatively, there is an option to schedule files to be deleted automatically. So, by using this you don’t need to open that utility again and again to clean files. You can see that schedule options on the left side. Also, make sure to schedule your cleaning every 1 month.
Enable or Disable “Health Check” in CCleaner
The health check is the latest feature that Piriform added in there software by replacing Easy Clean. But most people didn’t like it and they want to stick with that old Easy Clean feature. If you are that one then here is the complete step by step guide to disable Health Check in CCleaner.
- Make sure to completely close the CCleaner program and also check if it is running in the background by checking in the system tray. If you see the icon there it means the program is still running so just right-click on it and then click Exit and click Yes if asked for confirmation.
- Now click Windows Logo + X at the same time and you will notice a large menu. From here click Run or you can directly press Windows Logo + R at the same time to open Run dialogue box. In Run Dialogue Box type Regedit and hit enter.
- You will see the registry editor file so from here open this address: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Piriform\CCleaner
- After this, in the right-click, you will see (Cfg)HealthCheck just check the value of this file. If the value of (Cfg)HealthCheck is 0 it means the Health Check is disabled. But if the value of (Cfg)HealthCheck is 1 then it means this feature is enabled.
- Now simply double click on this file and set the value from 1 to 0 and click save.
- After this close Registry Editor and then launch CCleaner. Voila! The health check option is gone and is replaced with Easy Clean.
That’s it, this is the easiest and only possible way that you can use to disable this Health Check feature. In case you wanted to get back this feature then follow the same steps but in the last step change value from 1 to 0.
Note: This feature may not be enabled in your software automatically so if you wanted to give it a try then you can also follow these steps and at the end set the value 1. That’s all you can now enjoy this feature on CCleaner as well.
Pros & Cons
As we know every tool has its own advantages and disadvantages. Just like other tools it also comes with its benefits so in this section I am going to show you some pros and cons of CCleaner. It is highly recommended to read it before installing it on your computer. Because after this you will learn what you will face when using this application.
- The program is user-friendly and can be used easily without having any special knowledge.
- It comes with a free version which is almost cool but buying it will unlock all features.
- This can be helpful in cleaning residual files, browser history, caches, registry files, etc.
- Help you to disable background apps that save a lot of RAM.
- Uninstall unwanted system files that come with Windows (bloatware).
- Schedule cleaning will automatically clean files without opening it on a regular basis.
- Delete temporary files to clean system memory.
- It has the ability to find duplicate files and delete them.
- Advance cleaning tool
- The price of this application is a little bit high
- It is attacked by hackers several times
- CCleaner disables background apps but it also runs in the background.
Before you proceed to download and installing this tool make sure you have compatible hardware. Below is the minimum requirement which you should have to run it on your computer.
- Windows 10 (all editions, including 64-bit)
- Windows 8 (all editions, including 64-bit)
- Windows 7 (all editions, including 64-bit)
- Windows Vista (all editions, including 64-bit)
- Windows XP (all editions, including 64-bit)
- Windows 2003, 2008 and 2012 Server (all editions)
- Required RAM 1 GB
- Required Space 600 MB
Note 1: If you are running Windows NT4, ME and 98, it is highly recommended to go with CCleaner Version 2. In the case of Windows 2000, it is recommended to use Version 3.
How to Uninstall CCleaner
Don’t you like this software anymore? Want to uninstall it properly? Then here are some possible ways which you can follow to completely remove this tool from the computer.
Uninstall CCleaner On Windows
For Windows 7, 8 & 8.1 users
This is the basic method in which you need to uninstall a program from the Control Panel. Here are the steps which you need to follow:
- Open Start Menu and search for Control Panel or Click Windows Logo + R key at the same time. Now in run dialogue box type Control Panel and hit Enter.
- From View By select the Category View and then under Programs category click Uninstall a Program.
- Here you will see all the installed software in your computer scroll down and look for the program icon there. Now just double click on its the icon and click Yes when asked.
- The program will then open an uninstaller window and within some time it will be completely removed from your computer.
For Windows 10 users
In case you are running the latest Windows 10 operating system then the steps are quite changed. Here are the steps you need to follow to remove CCleaner from Windows 10.
- Press the Windows Logo key or go to Start Menu and click on the Gear icon you see under the Profile icon and above the power button.
- You see all categories there so scroll down and search for Apps and then click on it.
- From the left-side menu select Apps & Features and then scroll down until you see CCleaner.
- Single click on its icon and then click on the Uninstall button and again click on Uninstall.
- It will open the Piriform window just click next and then click on Uninstall in that Window.
- This may ask for permission so just hit Yes and let the program completes uninstallation.
Loved this tool? But still not sure whether you go with it or not? Well! here is the solution for you. This is the list of 5 best alternatives to this cleaner which you can select. I have checked many similar tools like CCleaner and I found these 5 best tools which you should also give a try.
1. iOBit Uninstaller
One of my favourite cleaner of all the time, this tool is created by the iOBit team and it comes with a free version and a paid version too. First, use a free version and try using it I am sure you will fall in love with this simple and easy to use cleaner. It can help you to delete browser history, unwanted files, residual files and other sorts of caches and temporary files as well.
You can also remove system software that comes with Windows 10 by using it. It is also supported by Windows 10, 7, 8 and 8.1 but you cannot use it on macOS. The design is very simple when you open it you will see all the installed applications there so select any app and then you see the Uninstall option above. Now click on uninstall and then check Automatically Remove Residual file and click uninstall. That’s it the program will automatically remove unusable files without doing anything.
2. Clean Master
It is another best tool which is also famous like this but somehow this cleaner doesn’t get famous I don’t know why. Similarly, like any other cleaner is also used to clean junk files, clear browser history, clear cookies and can be used to detect download failed files. It has the ability to secure your computer with its built-in Antivirus tool which is not as good as other programs but still helpful.
Clean Master can also disable your background applications to save your memory and also it enhances your computer performance. When you disable background apps the computer will boot faster than before and will save a lot of your RAM. With the help of this cleaner, you can scan corrupted drivers and this can fix them as well it has a database of 5,00,000 drivers for all Windows versions.
3. Avast Cleanup
As we know that Avast is the biggest and well-know company for making Avast Antivirus. So, this company also developed a cleaner and named it Avast Cleanup. The tool is reliable and is working perfectly fine, it doesn’t take much space on your hard and RAM management is also very decent. You can delete the junk files, deleted application shortcuts, and browser history.
It also protects you from malware and trojan attacks and enhances your computer speed by boosting it. You can also disable the auto-start application and save RAM to run other heavy apps easily. The best feature which I like about this cleaner is that it automatically detects all application update and suggests that for you. When you choose auto-update apps from settings this cleaner will automatically update and install them for you.
4. AVG PC TuneUp
AVG is also an Antivirus company and now they made this amazing PC TuneUp to cleaner unwanted files from the computer. The unique feature which you will notice in this application is Sleep mode, with this mode it freezes all background running applications. By this, your computer speed will be increased and you can launch any application faster than it was before.
It also enhances your internet speed by avoiding tracking and secure your privacy. This tool doesn’t only support Windows but it can be also used on all versions of the Mac Operating System. You can keep you all programs up to date by using this as it has an ability to check updates for every application installed on your computer. This also comes with two versions free and a paid version the price of the paid version is $49.99.year.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
I have seen many people are still asking questions about this cleaner tool. If you are one of them then here are some most asked questions which you should read. I hope you will get a relevant answer here if not then don’t hesitate to ask in the comment section. It will be a pleasure for me to help you and answer your question if it is related to our article.
Q1) Is CCleaner Free to use?
Yes, this tool is free to use but in the free version, there are some features that are restricted and cannot be used. For this you need to purchase a license for it otherwise you can still use it freely.
Q2) How can I download CCleaner?
You can easily download CCleaner by using our website. In the above section, I have written a complete guide on how a user can download this software from using our website. if you have skipped that then scroll above and read that guide carefully.
Q3) Can I use it on my Macbook Pro?
Yes, of course, the developers of this application has launched a version for macOS in 2012. This version is working 100% fine as on Windows.
Q4) Is it working on Windows 10 December 2010 build version?
Of course, this software works with all the build versions of Windows 10 as developers keep updating it and make it compatible with every Windows update. If you have not updated the program yet then go above and download the latest version from https://official-kmspico.com
Q5) Can I use it on my Windows 7?
Yes, this program is also supported by Windows 7, even though you can use it on Windows Vista and XP. I have written a requirement guide in which you can check all supported versions of Windows. You may face some issues while using on free Windows version so I would recommend you to first Activate Windows 7. If you don’t have a genuine license then don’t worry you can use a tool called Windows 7 Loader to get genuine license free of cost.
Q6) Is CCleaner safe to use?
Most people said this tool is safe to use but I also notice that many hackers have attacked it which people are complaining. But they solved this issue as well and now it is working fine as a regular tool. Even though I will recommend you to be careful while using it.
Q7) Does this tool still have malware in it?
I searched a lot regarding this guide that the tool contains malware. So, it was just because some hackers attacked it and insert malicious code in it. Now, this tool doesn’t have any type of malware code because it is removed by the Avast Antivirus tool. Even though make sure to check with an Antivirus tool before installing it on your computer.
Q8) Do I need to have an activate Windows to use this tool?
This tool works fine on an unactivated Windows version but some people have claimed that they see unusual actions with unactivated versions. To avoid this problem I would recommend to use it only if you have an activated version of Windows. If you don’t have money to buy the license for Windows 10 then you can use KMSPico activator KMSAuto to get 100% genuine license free of cost.
There is no doubt that CCleaner is the best option to keep your computer clean from unwanted, temporary files. It is also useful to clean browser history, clean caches which automatically downloads while surfing any website. Even though with this tool the user can disable background running applications and save the RAM.
A free tool is the best option in case you are new so first understand it and then make a mind if you really wanted to buy it or not. Because it is a little bit expensive so I would recommend it to go with a free version as I am also trying this. So, if this tool doesn’t give you everything that you were expecting that don’t worry I also listed some best alternatives to this application.
These alternatives work the same as this so you should also have a look at them and use all of these. After this, you can choose which is the best and comment down about that which thing you like about specific software By doing this another person will also see which would be suitable for them.
If I told you my recommendation then I will highly recommend you to go with CCleaner as it best to optimize your computer. This also enhances the speed of it by removing these unwanted files and disabling background running applications.
CCleaner is the tool which helps Windows & Mac users to clean browser history, caches, cookies and temporary files. It is used to remove unwanted files and enhance the performance of a pc of up to 200%.
Price Currency: USD
Operating System: Windows & Mac
Application Category: System Cleaner